Which Should You Choose? A Busy Stylist or the Best Stylist
Whenever I answer the phone to book an appointment for a new guest at FOR MEN Salon and Spa, I hear the same request. The request I get most from new clients is, “Can you book me with your best stylist.” Basically, they are asking me to select a stylist considered experienced and have been in the industry for a long time. I have always maintained a new client should request a stylist who is busy over “the best” in the salon or barber shop. This type of request begs the question, is it better to request the busiest men’s hairstylist in the salon or barber shop versus the best stylist?
5 Reasons to Choose the Busy Men’s Hairstylist
As a 35-year veteran of the beauty industry, a men’s salon owner for 20 years, and a men’s hairstylist, here are my reasons why a new client should request the busiest stylist in a shop:
- The best is subjective, but busy speaks for itself. What one person deems the best, another person may not. The best, by definition, changes with who is being asked. New clients should also be aware of salon dynamics. The person asked to select “the best” stylist may be simply selecting their best friend.
- Busy stylists are client-first-centric. These stylists stay late, come in early, or give up lunch breaks for clients. They go above and beyond client expectations. The number of repeat clients is the reward for that level of dedication. Hence why they are busy.
- The best and the busy stylists both seek continuing education to maintain their skill set. However, busy stylists are constantly seeking ways to improve themselves fully. They do not just seek technical classes. These stylists will take business-building classes, customer service classes, and even a how-to-be-a-better men’s hairstylist class. The busy stylist desires to be a well-rounded professional.
- Busy stylists maintain a high level of professionalism. Again, these stylists show up to work before their starting time. The busy stylist knows they will not have time in between clients to set up for different services. They understand they must arrive early to prepare for every client and service scheduled for the day. They also have all the right products needed for clients because they always want to satisfy them.
- Both types of stylists demonstrate a level of passion for their industry. The busy stylist, though, oozes a unique level of passion. They want to learn, know, and perform every aspect of their work. They LOVE everything about their career and LOVE sharing it with clients. The busy stylist has an infectious presence in the salon, and clients want to be around that. Their aura is felt the minute a client walks in the door.
Plan Ahead for The Busy Stylist
Head my warning. Asking for the busiest men’s hairstylist will require patience from the new client. Who am I kidding? Requesting the busy stylist requires patience for all clients because that stylist’s schedule is always full. A busy stylist’s calendar has a schedule booked for several weeks, but they are worth the wait. Notable mention, length of time in a career does not always equal exceptional service. Some of the most talented stylists I’ve met are brand new to the industry. These talented newcomers get busy quickly.
As the owner of FOR MEN Salon and Spa, I only choose to work with men’s hairstylists with extreme talent and positive attitudes. I never choose my teammates based on years of experience. Having this value system, I have cultivated clients who say, “I know I can see anyone here because you are all good.” And we are all busy stylists too.
tworzenie stron poznan
full tilt clothing
black friday 2011 deals
full tilt poker referenzcode
osgood schlatters disease