Why 31,100 People Search Mens Hair Salon Near Me
Google Trends reports “mens hair salon near me” is a trending topic in California. The area with the most interest in this trending topic is San Diego County and The Los Angeles basin coming in third. This means that residents of Southern California have not found a hair salon to call home. It begs the question, of why consumers are not finding a men’s salon that provides quality service. A 2023 survey conducted by Customer Care Measurement and Consulting reported 76% of Americans are extremely unhappy with the level of service received. The National Customer Rage Study revealed 43% of customers felt they had to yell or raise their voice to be heard about a serious problem. Most astonishing is this sentiment is up nearly 10% from just 2015.
Customer Care is the Missing Ingredient
I originally wrote this blog post in 2010 when the word “care” was being used in conjunction with customer service. Customer care was the new standard that the service teams operated, which is even more important today in light of the digital age. Any customer service interaction can impact a business positively or negatively. The 2020 National Consumer Rage Study showed the number of customers who preferred to vent their frustrations online tripled from 2017 to 2020.
Unhappy customers will share their woes with others. Just one negative customer service experience can wreak havoc on a business. This is true regardless if a business has many positive reviews. When a business makes customer care a business value proposition, it can positively impact the customers, the service providers, and the business.
What Customer Care Is
Customer care refers to the actions and strategies that a business takes to ensure that its customers’ needs and expectations are met in a satisfactory manner. This involves providing high-quality products or services, delivering them in a timely and efficient manner, and addressing any concerns or complaints that customers may have in a respectful and helpful manner. The goal of customer care is to build strong, long-lasting relationships with customers by creating a positive experience at every stage of their interaction with the business or organization. This can involve a wide range of activities, from training staff in customer service skills to implementing technology that enhances the customer experience.
Beauty professionals understand that clients are the backbone of our business. Clients provide the revenue and contribute to the growth of any men’s hair salon. Retaining clients is a crucial aspect of our success, and one of the most effective ways to retain clients is by showing you we care. This is especially important in any service-oriented industry. For us though, the relationship between the service provider and the client is critical in keeping clients coming back.
Benefits of Client Retention
Retaining clients has several benefits, both for the clients and the business. From the client’s perspective, working with a service provider they trust and have a good relationship with is essential. Clients are more satisfied with the service they receive and, as a result, are more likely to continue working with the service provider. From a business perspective, client retention has several benefits, including:
- Improved Reputation: Satisfied clients are more likely to leave positive reviews and refer new clients. This can help improve the business’s reputation and lead to increased business opportunities.
- Increased Employee Satisfaction: Retaining clients can lead to increased employee satisfaction as they are more likely to work with familiar clients who they have a good relationship with. This can lead to higher employee retention rates, which can improve the overall performance of the business. Increased employee satisfaction means clients will not experience losing their favorite men’s hairstylist.
- Reduced Marketing Costs: Retaining clients reduces the need for extensive marketing campaigns to acquire new clients. Satisfied clients are more likely to refer new clients, which can lead to a lower marketing spend. Lowering marketing costs means a men’s hair salon has more money for client and employee loyalty programs.
- Increased Revenue: Retaining clients is less expensive than acquiring new ones. The estimated cost of retaining a customer is five times higher to acquire a new client than retaining an existing one. Retaining clients can lead to increased revenue as they are more likely to make repeat purchases and refer new clients. Increased revenue means the men’s hair salon can reinvest in its people, clients, and its environment.
Client Retention Benefits Everyone
The benefits of client retention flow from the business to its associates and to its customers. This is why it is imperative that our mens hair salon prioritizes customer care at all levels. Our front office associates and service providers receive extensive training in our customer service standards. These associates see the link between happy customers and their individual business success.
Caring for Clients is Essential in Retaining Their Business
Caring for clients is essential in retaining their business for several reasons. First, it helps build trust and a good relationship between the service provider and the client. Clients are more likely to continue working with a service provider they trust and have a good relationship with. Second, caring for clients shows that the service provider values their business and is committed to providing high-quality service. This can lead to increased client satisfaction, which is essential for client retention.
Third, caring for clients can help identify and resolve issues before they escalate. Clients are more likely to raise issues with a service provider they have a good relationship with, which can help resolve issues quickly and efficiently. Fourth, caring for clients can help build a loyal client base that is more likely to refer new clients and make repeat purchases. This can lead to increased revenue and reduced marketing costs.
How We Show Clients We Care
We show clients that we care in several ways. Here are a few examples:
- Personalized Communication: Personalized communication can help build a good relationship between the service provider and the client. Personalized emails, phone calls, or face-to-face interaction shows a high level of individual communication. Personalized communication shows our service providers value the client’s business and are committed to providing high-quality service.
- Active Listening: Active listening is essential in understanding the client’s needs and concerns. Our service providers actively listen to their clients, which helps to identify and resolve issues quickly and efficiently. Active listening also helps build trust and a good relationship between the service provider and the client.
- Timely Response: Timely response is essential in showing that the service provider values the client’s time and business. FOR MEN Salon and Spa return all customer messages as soon as possible. We pride ourselves on returning all communication by the close of business.
Customer Care Training at Our Mens Salon
When I hire new men’s hairstylists, the very first topic we discuss in training is “CARING” for the FOR MEN Salon | Spa guest. I believe when a service provider demonstrates genuine care for a guest, the guest remembers that experience. The guest never forgets that service provider and becomes a happy returning guest to our men’s hair salon. We believe “CARE” is the key ingredient to our “Secret Sauce” in excellent customer service. We also believe practicing “CARE” in a service equals quality. My main objective for FOR MEN Salon | Spa has always been to offer men a place for all their grooming needs that offers consistent quality services by caring service providers. I strive every day for us to reach and maintain this level of business practice. Check out for yourself what our clients say about us on Google.